Portland, Oregon

These guys are horrible! They damaged both of my vehicles (2011 Toyota Sienna and 2001 Hyundai Sonata) transporting them from North Carolina to Oregon resulting in over $1400 in damage. It took 51 days of me calling and writing before they finally told me that they weren't going to pay for any of the damages they caused. So unethical!

You can see pictures of the damage they caused at http://www.lompico.org/mobile

Here's what happened:

8/31/2010: I received both vehicles and they both had paint damaged. My 2001 Hyundai Sonata had paint rubbed off the front bumper by the front driver's side tire. Caused by a tire strap? My 2011 Toyota Sienna had blue paint scratched onto the front bumper. Rubbed off from the car they pressed mine up against? The minivan was only 2 weeks old and brand new off the dealer's lot.

I wrote the damage down on the acceptance forms before signing them. I Emailed pictures of the damage and the acceptance forms to my broker: Dependable Auto Movers.

As a next step, I was told to go get 3 quotes for the damage.

9/13/10: I sent over 3 estimates for each vehicle. Here are the quotes I had to spend hours getting:

- Hyundai Repair Quotes: $884, $899, $1002

- Toyota Repair Quotes: $570, $743, $561

9/21/10: Mobile Transport Inc claims they have not received anything so I resent the photos and report sent on 8/31/10.

10/1/10: My broker, Lisa from Dependable Auto Movers, told me to call their claims representative Tom at Mobile Transport, Inc. on Monday and he'll cut me a check. She told me to call 1-509-368-9449 because NO ONE ever answers their main number: 1-509-443-5827.

10/4/10: I called Tom at 509-368-9449 at Mobile Transport Inc. and he claims he just heard of the claim. He asked me to email the pictures of the damage and the acceptance forms where I wrote down the damage. I told him that I already emailed that to him twice but that I will email it again. I also decide to send him everything via certified mail so he can't claim that he hasn't received anything.

10/6/10: Package with letter, photos of damage, car receiving forms with damage written on them and repair quotes arrives at Mobile Transport Inc. USPS Status: Delivered your item was delivered at 11:57 am on October 06, 2010 in SPOKANE, WA 99212. The item was signed for by Y PUKLOWSKY.

10/7/10: I Called Dependable Auto Movers and spoke with Sarah. She told me that they have had lots of contact with Mobile Transport Inc. Including speaking with a dispatcher there (Mark) on Sept 22nd and he confirmed over the phone that he received everything and would pass it onto Tom. She also said she re-emailed everything on 9/21 and 9/27. She spoke with 2 different dispatchers and they said they would forward it on. She told me she would call Tom again today.

10/11/10: I called Tom and he says they need to send someone out to see my acceptance forms. I ask why since he already has a copy and he gives me no answer. I press him again and ask for a reason since he already has a copy of the forms. He refuses to give an answer and simply says it's what they need to do next. I assume this is another delay tactic. Tom then takes back what he said earlier about this being a new case and says he first heard from Sara on September 13th. I confront Tom about the fact that he's already had this case in his hands for a month! He offers no explanation or apology. I assume they take so long that you give up.

10/17/10: Tom sends George (one of their truck drivers) over to my house to see my forms and the damage. He said he would report back to Tom.

10/21/10: I called Tom and he told me that they're not going to cover any of the damages. I asked for his insurance company and he put me on perpetual hold for 10 minutes before I finally hung up. I called back 4 times and was sent immediately to voice mail each time.

Next Steps: Report the damage to my insurance company and let them go after Mobile Transport Inc. Report Mobile Transport Inc to the BBB. Perhaps sue them for the damage and the amount of time I've had to spend on this.

Summary: NEVER EVER EVER deal with Mobile Transport Inc.

Had an Experience with Mobile Transport?

Comments

dj
Hampton, Virginia, United States #901562

I transport cars for a living and the damage you are showing is highly suspicious .In general ,the only minor damage that Is caused during transport are driver door ding/scratch.Or maybe waste high scratches from improper clothing but anybody who transports cars learns that lesson fast .And a light bumper scratch in center of bumper could happen if driver bumped cars when loading.However this very rarely happens.But in 99 percent of cases when we do damage it is big and ugly.The sad thing is people really dont look for the little *** on cars until someone else is responsible.The mirror is highly suspicious .but i guess it could happen if car was riding backwards and rocks hit it.If that happened the mirror would be shattered.The strap damage is highly unlikley as well.when straps damage cars it will be inside fender well.Did you sign the delivery reciept.if you did without noting damage its a done deal no claim can be made.The the damage on that van is less than 300.and i could get it fixed for 100.ive put a hole the size of a baseball in a bumper and got it fixed for 150 and the customer never knew it happened.

edgar

i just got *** aswell this company is fucken *** they suck ima go up thier personaly and beat the *** out of them im so fing pissed

K. Maestas

I am in the same boat!Horrible company!

My boyfriend and I shipped my car nov. 17 2010 and we received it covered in brown sludge from top to bottom. The under carriage was even coated along with my engine compartment. I took my car to the dealership after picking up my car due to my engine smoking...

Due to the oil that did not come from my car. The dealership did a thorough inspection. This has been a complete nightmare dealing with these guys. They were screening our calls from day one.

We eventually caught on and blocked our number and they answered. To think we are getting somewhere with this would be an act of a greater power. I wish you luck.

Both my boyfriend and I are doing everything in our power to stop this business.Good luck to you!